Tips To Host the Perfect Dinner
Creating the perfect dinner experience can be an enjoyable and creative endeavor, especially when you have the right elements in place. Mikasa, your one-stop shop for dinnerware, serveware, drinkware, flatware, and accent pieces, has everything you need, whether you're hosting a formal or casual dinner.
To set the stage for your dinner, think about the theme you want to convey and the ambiance you'd like to create, you can easily gather inspiration from online sources like Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, or Google. Elevate your table setting by mixing and matching plates, using colorful glassware, and incorporating beautifully designed
Here's a step-by-step guide to help you host the perfect dinner:
Step 1: Menu Selection
● Choose a balanced menu with a variety of flavors.
● Consider the dietary restrictions or allergies of your guests.
● Opt for dishes that can be prepared in advance to minimize last-minute stress.
Step 2: Setting the Table
● Consider a themed table setting if it suits the occasion.
● Use a clean and well-pressed tablecloth or opt for a table runner with placemats.
● Add aesthetic and practical Charger plates to enhance table decor and protect
● Include a wire bread basket and napkin holder for the perfect blend of
functionality and aesthetic appeal.
● Place the dinner plate in the center of each chair.
● Stack the salad plate on top of the dinner plate, followed by the soup bowl.
● A bread plate is placed above the forks on the left side of the table setting.
● Arrange flatware around the plate in the order of use.
● Forks to the left, knives and spoons to the right.
● Coffee and cake flatware go above the dinner plate.
● Arrange glasses in the order of use from left to right.
● Water glasses above the dinner knife in the top right corner.
● Place the wine glass (red or white) to the right of the water glass.
● Place the napkin on the plate or underneath the fork.
● Get creative with napkin folding.
● Set the mood with appropriate lighting, such as candles or fairy lights.
● Play background music at a conversation-friendly volume.
● Add fresh or faux flowers and decorative centerpieces to enhance the dining