Green Tea & White Chocolate Cookie Recipe
- 240g (2 1/8 cups) all-purpose flour
- 15g (2 ½ Tbsps) 100% natural green tea powder (matcha powder)
- 150g (2/3 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 130g (1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp) powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Sift the flour and the matcha powder together.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and salt until soft and light.
- Add the egg yolks and beat well. Then, slowly add the flour/matcha powder.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into two long round logs and wrap them in plastic wrap. Rest in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Remove the dough from plastic wrap and cut cookie slices to 7mm (1/4 inch) thick. Adding extra chocolate chips will make even slicing difficult.
- Bake for 20 minutes then cool on a rack.